"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pumkpin Spice Ice Cream

Ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
2 c. heavy cream
1 c. whole milk
1 c. unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. ground nutmeg

Directions:
Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, 1 minute more. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk again just until blended. Next, pour about a cup of the cream mixture into a separate bowl, add the pumpkin and spices and stir just until blended. Return to the rest of the cream mixture and stir well. Transfer the mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturers instructions. Makes 8 cups of prepared ice cream, about 16 servings.



Notes: It's 2 1/2 weeks until fall so it feels like it's time to start eating pumpkin-y things. But it is still summer so ice cream is still allowed! Man, this stuff was/is delicious! I took some to my parents' house last night just as my mom had finished baking an apple crisp. So of course, we ate it with the ice cream on top :) Sooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment