"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. white flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
10 oz. jar maraschino cherries
1/4 c. sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a couple cookie sheets and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until well combined.
Roll the dough into 1 inch balls (about the size of a walnut) place on the prepared cookie sheets and press a dent in the center of each ball. Drain the cherries and reserve the juice. Place a cherry in the center of each dough ball.
In a small saucepan, heat the condensed milk and chocolate chips until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of cherry juice. Add more as needed to make mixture spreadable. Spoon about 1 teaspoon over each dough ball, just enough to cover the cherry. You may add more juice if mixture thickens. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Makes 30 cookies.



Notes: I bought a jar a maraschino cherries for another recipe and I had almost all of them left so I looked on allrecipes.com and found this recipe to use up the rest. I was really happy with how these cookies turned out. They are very rich but very delicious! They recipe made way too much drizzle so I cut the ingredients in half and still had a little leftover. Other then that, I wouldn't change a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment