"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. white flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. margarine or butter, softened
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 c. (12 oz. package) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a couple cookies sheets and set aside. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually add the flour mixture (about 1/2 a cup at a time) mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
Using a medium cookie scoop, drop onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven, until edges are golden brown and centers are still very slightly doughy. Rotate the pans half way through baking to ensure the cookies bake evenly. Place cookies on racks to cool. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.



Notes: I can't even tell you how many people have asked for "my" chocolate chip cookie recipe...well, here it is! It's basically the original Toll House recipe with a few little changes. These cookies come out practically perfect every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment