"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Double Chocolate Mini Meringues

Ingredients:
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips, finely chopped
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted

Directions: 
Preheat the oven to 250 and line a couple cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla, beating well after each addition until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gently fold in the chocolate and cocoa powder just until combined. Do not over mix or meringue will begin to go flat. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls (about the size of a walnut) onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until outside of the meringues are hard and dry. Makes 60 bite size meringues.


 Notes: I love meringues so I made this recipe up yesterday and it turned out SO yummy! They're a little dangerous because of their size...you lose track of how many you've eaten :)


Margot likes them, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment