"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lemony Couscous with Chicken

Ingredients:
1/2 a rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 a large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 c. chicken broth
zest of 1 large lemon
1 c. frozen peas
1 c. frozen corn
1 c. couscous, uncooked
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Skin and debone half a rotisserie chicken. Shred and set aside. Reserve the drippings. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet with a lid. Add diced onion and saute until transparent and tender. Add mined garlic and saute another minute or two. Add broth and drippings to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir in lemon peel, peas and corn and return to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover with lid and turn off heat. Let sit for 7 minutes. Stir in chicken, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Makes 4-6 servings.

Recipe adapted from here

Margot approves!


Notes: Man this stuff is good! I couldn't get myself to stop eating it. Anything with lemon tastes so yummy and refreshing. Skinning, deboning and shredding a chicken was not so refreshing though...lol! This would be great as a meal in itself or a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment