"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Creamy Taco Mac

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
8 oz. small shaped pasta
1 small onion, diced
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. frozen yellow corn
4 tbsp. taco seasoning
4 oz. sour cream
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. water

Directions:
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook the ground turkey over med/high heat until no longer pink. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook another few minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, black beans, corn and taco seasoning and heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and water until cheeses are melted and the sauce is well blended. Makes 6-8 servings.


Adapted from here

Notes:  I saw this recipe in Annie's Eats about a month ago and I've been dying to try it! I made a few changes and we loved this stuff! It made a ton which is great for leftovers, Randy's lunches etc. I highly recommend this dish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment