"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Kettle Korn

Ingredients:
3 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
1/2 c. popcorn kernels, divided
1/2 c. sugar, divided
food coloring, optional (I used 10 drops red & 12 drops neon blue)


Directions:
In a stove top popcorn popper (I have a 4 quart Whirley Pop) heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil over medium/high heat. Add 1/4 cup popcorn kernels, 1/4 cup sugar and food coloring if using and close the lid. Once you hear the kernels being to pop, stir constantly until they are completely done popping. Immediately transfer into a large serving bowl. The kettle korn will be extremely hot at first, so allow it to cool and then break it apart using your hands or a large spoon. Repeat the entire process with the second half of the ingredients. Makes about 12 cups of kettle corn.


Notes: If you don't have a Whirley Pop already, please get one! Whenever I make this stuff for parties or get-togethers it gets eaten up so fast! And it's so simple to make and hardly has any ingredients yet so tasty and addicting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment