"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Spinach Quiche

Ingredients:
1/4 c. butter
1 small onion, diced
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
6 oz. package herbed feta cheese, crumbled
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
4 eggs, beaten
1 c. milk
salt and pepper to taste
9 inch pie crust, unbaked

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 and place pie crust in a pie plate and set aside. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until tender and fragrant. About 8-10 minutes. Stir in spinach, stirring well to break it all up. Next, mix in the feta cheese and 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into the prepared pie crust.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Pour over the spinach mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Top quiche with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake an additional 35 minutes or until set in the center. Let stand for 10 minutes, slice and serve. Makes 6-8 pieces.

Recipe adapted from here


Notes: Whenever Randy is out of town I make quiche for myself because it's one of the few things he won't eat (and I love it!). I think the feta makes it great! It gives it an extra little zing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment