"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stuffed Strawberries

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh medium-large strawberries
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
Wash and dry the strawberries, cut the stems off and stand up straight. Cut an "x" in the tip of each strawberry going 3/4 of the way down. Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Place mixture into a piping bag (or in my case, a Ziploc baggie with a hole cut in the tip!) and squeeze into each strawberry from the bottom up. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.



Notes: Randy has had a few crazy days at work so I wanted to have a little treat waiting for him today. These were simple to make and really delicious and fresh! They were a little messy and making them made me wish I had a piping bag....oh well, I'll get one someday...maybe! These would be great for a baby or bridal shower or any party, really :)

1 comment:

  1. Where in the world did you get this idea? That is so unique!!

    ReplyDelete