"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lemony Breaded Pork Chops

Ingredients:
4 boneless pork loin chops
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
1 egg
1 large lemon, zested and juiced
1/3 c. plain bread crumbs
1 tsp. lemon pepper
Salt to taste

Directions:
Place a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter and melt together. On a large place, whisk together the egg and lemon juice. On another large plate, combine the lemon zest, bread crumbs, lemon pepper and salt. Dip both sides each pork chop in the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture. Place in the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked. Drizzle with extra lemon juice if desired. Serves 4.



Notes: I made this dish up the other night and Randy and I both loved it! I asked Randy how many stars out of 5 he'd give it and he said 4 at first and then changed his mind to 5 later on in the meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment