"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies

Ingredients:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. crunchy peanut butter (creamy would be fine)
1 c. white sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. white flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
36 miniature chocolate candies (I used Brachs Chocolate Stars)


Directions:
In a large bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. In a smaller bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into the batter. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a couple baking sheets and set aside. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and press a candy in the center of each, folding the dough around it. Place dough balls on the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks. Makes 3 dozen cookies.



Notes: You could use any small chocolate candy or fun-sized candy bars in these. I've used Snickers before and they came our really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment