"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Monday, June 14, 2010

Coleslaw for a Crowd

Ingredients:
3 16 oz. bags coleslaw mix
2 c. Mayonnaise
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. white sugar
3 tbsp. white vinegar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. poppy seeds

Directions:
Place the coleslaw mix in a large bowl. In another bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour dressing over the coleslaw mix and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir again and serve cold. Serves 25-30 people.



Notes: I made this for my brothers graduation party so I had to make a lot! You could easily cut this recipe down 1/2 or 1/3 if you want to make less. I'm not the biggest coleslaw fan but I actually really like this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I made this recipe for a crowd of about 40; to be eaten with pulled pork barbecue sandwiches. I like a lighter coleslaw so I made a couple of changes (omitted the oil) and am pleased with the results. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete