"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Friday, June 11, 2010

Cherry Chip Bars

Ingredients:
1 box Cherry Chip cake mix
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
5 drops red food coloring (optional)
1 c. chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 13x9 pan and set aside. In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, water, brown sugar, butter and eggs. Mix for 1 minute on low spread. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.



Notes: My mom used to make these when I was little and I loved them! Chocolate and cherry is one of my favorite flavor combos and these bars are so easy to throw together so they're wonderful! 

1 comment:

  1. Still one of my favs too! I like using other flavors of cake mix from time to time (chocolate, yellow, etc.) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete