"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Guacamole

Ingredients:
6 ripe avocados
1/4 a yellow onion, very finely diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp. lime juice
3/4 tsp. salt
1 large tomato, diced (optional)

Directions:
Peel and pit the avocados and scoop all the greens into a medium bowl. Add the onion, garlic, lime juice, salt and tomato if using. Stir well, mashing the avocados (I've found that using a pastry blender works the best) until ingredients are combined well. 



Notes: I LOVE avocados and guacamole is one of my favorite foods of all time! My recipe is fairly simple because I like to be able to taste everything and don't want the flavors to get over-powdered by spice. Which is also why I like to dice the onion very finely.

3 comments:

  1. YumYumYum...thanks for sharing this! Do you still store it with the pit in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It usually gets eaten and doesn't need to be stored :) But yes, if you do need to keep it in the fridge, save one of the pits and stick it in there with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wayyy better than the stuff I make, which is just salsa, avocados, and garlic salt.

    ReplyDelete