"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pan-fried Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Mustard Sauce


Here is yet another tasty dish from Kalyn's Kitchen. I'm becoming a fan of cooking with tenderloin! Especially if I can find it on sale ;) It's moist, flavorful, fairly lean, versatile and really easy to work with. This recipe was absolutely delicious! I love spicy mustard so I figured this was gonna be good. And it was!


Pan-fried Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Mustard Sauce

Ingredients:
2 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed of any visible fat
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. fat free chicken broth (you could also use water)
1/3 c. spicy brown mustard
3 tbsp. dijon mustard
3 tbsp. low fat sour cream

Directions:
In a large skillet,  heat the oil over medium heat. Season pork with salt and pepper and place it in the hot skillet. Cook, turning occasionally until the meat is golden brown on all sides, about 8-10 minutes. Once the meat is browned, turn the heat to low and cover. Cook covered for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
Remove the pork from the pan, allow to rest and cover it tightly with foil to keep warm.  Leave any drippings in the pan and turn heat back to medium. Whisk in the chicken broth, scrapping the bottom and sides of the pan. Bring to a bubble and whisk in the mustards and sour cream. Cook and stir until heated through.
Once you've allowed the meat to rest for 10 minutes, slice into 3/4 inch slices and spoon the mustard sauce over the top. Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment