"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Monday, February 6, 2012

Meatless Monday - Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings


Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum! I got this recipe out of my Pampered Chef vegetarian cookbook and it did not disappoint! This soup was loaded with flavor and really easy to make! It only makes two servings so next time, I'm definitely doubling it.


Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings

Soup Ingredients:
1 tsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 c. vegetable broth
1/4 c. fresh basil leaves, chiffonade

Dumpling Ingredients:
1/4 c. part skim ricotta cheese
2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1 egg white
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 c. all purpose flour


Directions:
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes, until very fragrant and lightly browned. Immediately add tomatoes, broth and basil. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine all the dumpling ingredients and shape into 8-10 small round balls. After soup has simmered, return to a boil and add prepared dumplings. Boil until dumplings float to the surface, about 3-5 minutes. Ladle soup into two bowls and top with additional basil and cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment