"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chocolate Coconut M&M Cookies


It's been a while since I've make cookies, especially chocolate cookies...my husbands favorite! My brother gave me several bags of coconut M&Ms (so good!) so I decided to make cookies with them. I'm so glad i did! These cookies are amazing. Coconut+Chocolate is an amazing combo! If you can find coconut M&Ms, you gotta make these!



Chocolate Coconut M&M Cookies

Ingredients:
2 c. all purpose flour
2/3 c. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 c. chopped coconut M&Ms
3/4 c. flaked coconut

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a couple cookie sheets and set aside. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the sugar, extracts, eggs and butter until smooth. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, half a cup at a time and mix thoroughly after each addition. Once all the dry ingredients are incorporated, mix in the M&Ms and flaked coconut. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes and then transfer onto cooling racks. Makes about 3 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment