"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Monday, January 23, 2012

Meatless Monday - Crock Pot Roasted Sweet Potatoes


I was planning on sharing a quinoa stuffed squash recipe with you for Meatless Monday today but I made it and it just wasn't worth posting in my opinion. I was a little bummed. Oh well! I made these delicious sweet potatoes to share with you instead! Aren't crock pots the best? Who knew you could make tasty and moist roasted sweet potatoes in a crock pot?? Mmm...you really should try this recipe.


Crock Pot Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:
2 medium sweet potatoes
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt to taste
3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. water

Directions:
Scrub the sweet potatoes to wash and cut them in half long-ways. Spray your crock pot with cooking spray and place potatoes inside cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt according to your taste. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops. Pour the water around the potatoes into the bottom of the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, until tender. Serve hot. Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment