"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Zesty Shredded BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
1 c. barbecue sauce
1/4 c. Italian salad dressing
2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. black pepper


Directions:
Place chicken in the crock pot. Whisk together the remaining ingredients until brown sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over the chicken breasts. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from the crock pot and shred. Place shredded chicken back in the crock pot and stir until well coated with the sauce. Serve on buns or hoagies with additional barbecue sauce if desired. Makes about 6 servings.



Recipe adapted from here

Notes: What an easy and delicious recipe! I loved the extra kick the italian dressing gave to the sauce. We ate this along with sweet potato fries and a lettuce salad...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment