"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Balsamic Vinaigrette


Notes: This is a simple and delicious recipe from Emeril Lagasse. His recipe calls for 1 whole tablespoon of minced garlic and I made it this way at first and it was barely edible in my opinion because the garlic was SO overpowering, which is why I changed it to 1/2 a tablespoon. You could even do less if you want. We love garlic in our house so the 1/2 tablespoon was just right. We loved this dressing and I will definitely make it again!



Balsamic Vinaigrette

Ingredients:
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. packed brown sugar
1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3/4 c. olive oil

Directions:
Whisk together the first 5 ingredients (everything besides the olive oil) until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add the olive oil slowly, mixing constantly or place everything in a sealed container and shake until well combined. Makes about 1 cup of dressing. Store in the refrigerator and shake well before each use.


No comments:

Post a Comment