"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Skillet Sausage and Potatoes

Ingredients: 
4 medium red potatoes
1 medium sweet onion
2 tbsp. butter or olive oil
14 oz. turkey polska kielbasa
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
Wash potatoes and microwave for 6-8 minutes (all at the same time) until tender. Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut potatoes lengthwise and then slice into half moon shapes. Cut onion in half and then into thin slices. Place potatoes and onion into the heated skillet and saute for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season generously with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the sausage and add the the pan. Saute an additional 15 minutes, until everything has a nice golden brown color, stirring occasionally. Makes 4 generous servings.



Notes: This is such a comfort food to me and I've been craving it like crazy! I haven't made it in a long time because it has meat, obviously. This is a great, easy dish to throw together and we eat it with garlicky green beans...delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment