"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Friday, February 11, 2011

Cream Cheese Chicken Packets

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 tsp. dried minced onion
Salt and pepper to taste
2 8 oz. packages crescent rolls (16 rolls total)
Parmesan cheese (for garnish, optional)
Dried parsley (for garnish, optional)


Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, spinach, minced onion, salt and pepper until well combined and set aside. Preheat oven to 350. Open the rolls and place two triangles together to make a rectangle. Using your fingers, press the seams together to create one piece and place the formed rectangles onto a baking sheet. Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto half of each rectangle. Fold each roll over, covering the filling, creating a square. Roll up the three open sides to seal in the filling. Sprinkle each packet with parmesan cheese and dried parsley and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 8 packets.



Notes: My mom made something similar to this when I was growing up and I always loved it! I remember watching her make them and I was always so anxious to eat them when they were ready. I recreated them myself...not sure if they're exactly the way she made them but they tasted pretty close! If you're not a huge spinach fan you can substitute broccoli for sure :)


One Year Ago: Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedges and Balsamic Chicken with Feta

No comments:

Post a Comment