"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New Bible!

I am beyond excited about this...so much so that I had to dedicate an entire post in my blog to it :)

I have two trusty Bible's already and I will show them to you below. One of them I got back in 2000, the summer after I turned 13. When I turned 18 I decided I needed a more "grown up" looking Bible so my parents got me a small black leather one with my soon to be married name "Chloe Bowen" on the front in gold letters. So let me introduce you to these two Bibles...



Here's Bible #1 from 2000:


It is filled with doodles, stickers, notes to my friends, tons of highlighted pages, etc. This Bible and I have had some great times! But notice it's TEEN Bible...those years are long gone!



Here's the first page when you open it up. My "Gramma" bought this for my from her book store in Nebraska City...



I still read this Bible almost every day. It's cool to look back and see verses I highlighted over 10 years ago. I just feel it's time to move on! I will probably keep this Bible around for Margot to check out when she's a teen. Yikes! That's a scary thought.


Here's Bible #2 from 2005:


This WAS a really nice little Bible! A couple weeks after my husband and I got our beagle, this became a chew toy for an afternoon. I came home to black leather shreds and pieces of paper all over the living room. That was not a happy day.


I've been doing my best to continue using this Bible and this is what I usually keep in my purse and it comes to church with me. But every once in a while I'll come across a page like this...sad!


About a year ago I was sitting next to my friend Jessica in church and she had this brand new, beautiful "journal Bible" and I fell in love! A journal Bible has 2 inch margins on either side of the pages for taking notes. I've been wanting one ever since! A couple Sundays ago I saw that our pastors wife had a super cute green and blue one and that caused me to do some shopping!

I came across this awesome brown, cream and gold once with a floral pattern. It was usually $69.99 and it was on sale for $35.99. Needless to say...I bought it! Here it is:


Isn't it pretty??


It's a really nice size and has a hard cover :) 


I just love it!


 And here's what the inside looks like...see what I mean about the places for taking notes? Or journaling...


I can't wait to start using it!

2 comments: