"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Corn Pudding in Acorn Squash

Ingredients:
1 2 lb. acorn squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 tbsp. butter, softened
3/4 c. milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. corn kernels
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. chopped green onions
3/4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375. Rub half the butter on each acorn squash half and bake cut side up in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until tender. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs, corn, salt, pepper, 1/2 the green onions and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour into the baked squash until completely full. Bake in the 375 degree oven for an additional 40 minutes or until corn pudding is set. Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese and place under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serves 2.


Notes: WOW! This is one of the most incredible things I've tasted! With every single bite, Randy and I were oohing and ahhing. PLEASE make this. You won't be sorry! It was super easy and the flavors were absolutely amazing! I can't say enough good things about this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment