"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tofu Stir Fry

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. olive oil 
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
1/4 c. low sodium soy sauce
1/4 c. hoisen sauce
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. firm or extra firm tofu, cut into strips
1 c. sliced carrots
1 c. snap peas or snow peas
1/2 c. frozen green peas

Directions:
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the onion and saute until tender. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the teriyaki, soy and hoisen sauces along with the minced garlic. Add the sliced tofu and toss to coat.  Add all the tofu and sauce, carrots, snap peas, green peas into the skillet with the onion and turn heat up to medium/high. Stir fry for 15-20 minutes or until most of the sauce has concentrated and the tofu begins to brown. Serve on a bed of hot quinoa, brown rice or noodles.




Notes: Randy and I were both unsure about trying tofu....but we did. And we actually really enjoyed it! The texture is different but it didn't bother us enough to go back for seconds :) You can use any veggies in this recipe! I had carrots and peas on hand so that's what I threw in.

No comments:

Post a Comment