"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Spinach and Cheese Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 a large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Salt and pepper to taste 
1 c. ricotta cheese
1/2 c. sour cream
2 c. shredded monterrey jack cheese, divided
10 6 inch corn tortillas
10 oz. can red enchilada sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 13x9 baking dish and set aside. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another minute or two. Stir in spinach, stirring well to break apart. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Remove from heat and mix in the ricotta, sour cream and 1 cup of monterrey jack. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the cheese and spinach mixture into each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the top of all the prepared enchiladas and top with remaining 1 cup of monterrey jack cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.

Recipe adapted from here



Notes: Don't let the ugly photo fool you. These enchiladas were super good! I tried and tried to get a pretty picture but it wasn't happening! In the pan, out of the pan, it just didn't matter. Anyways, back to the food: This was one of our first nights eating vegetarian and we both agreed with didn't miss the meat at all. These enchiladas were sooo yummy...I think we each ate 4 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment