"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summery Veggie Couscous

Ingredients:
2/3 c. whole wheat couscous
1 c. water
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 small yellow summer squash, quartered lengthwise and diced
1 small zucchini squash, quartered lengthwise and diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
6 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
salt and pepper to taste
3-4 large fresh basil leaves, chopped

Directions:
Place the water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat, quickly stir in the couscous and cover with a lid for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet and saute the squash for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and saute another 2 minutes. Add tomato and saute just until heated through. Season vegetables with salt and pepper to your liking. Once couscous is finished, fluff with a fork and combine with the vegetables. Garnish with fresh basil. Makes 4 generous servings.



Notes: I was pleasantly surprised with how good this came out! I threw it together for lunch today and it totally hit the spot! Try it, please! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment