"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mexican Pizza

Ingredients:
One ball of pizza dough
16 oz. can vegetarian refried beans
1 c. of your favorite salsa
1 c. corn kernels (fresh canned or frozen)
3.8 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Shredded lettuce for garnish (optional)
Sour cream for garnish (optional)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 and roll out pizza dough onto a pan. Spread the refried beans onto the dough, followed by the salsa. Place the corn kernels and olives evenly over the beans and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is no longer doughy and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice into 8 pieces and serve immediately topped with shredded lettuce and sour cream (if using).



Notes: This pizza was like a giant tostada! Delicious. We will definitely eat this again and maybe try some different toppings next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment