"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Banana Crumb Muffins

Muffin Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. flour (I used half AP flour and half whole wheat)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 c. white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c. butter, melted (I used veg. oil instead)


Crumb Ingredients:
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. AP flour
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. cold butter

Muffin Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a muffin tin or line with muffin papers. In a large bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In medium bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4 of the way full.

Crumb Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all of the crumb ingredients with a fork until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over the muffin batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Makes 12-14 muffins.




Recipe adapted from here

Notes: I've made these muffins many times and they always turn out great! This time around I made them for a bake sale for our church so I doubled the recipe...which is why there are so many muffins in the picture.

1 comment: