"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Apple Pear Crisp

Ingredients:
3 c. apples, peeled, cored and sliced (about 3 apples)
2 c. pears, peeled, cored and sliced (about 2 pears)
1/2 c. white sugar
1 1/2 tsp. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. water
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Place the sliced apples and pears in a medium baking dish. Mix the white sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons flour and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over the apples and pears. Pour water over all. Combine the remaining 6 ingredients and crumble evenly over the mixture in the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Makes about 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment