"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Traditional Irish Soda Bread

Ingredients:
4 c. white flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. buttermilk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 and butter the bottom of a pie plate, set aside. Combine all 4 ingredients just until moistened. Place dough onto a floured surface and knead into a ball. Place in the prepared pie plate and cut and "X" on the top. Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes.

Notes: My mom has made this bread every St. Patricks Day since I can remember. The meal is just not the same without it! This was my first time making it and it was so simple. Its great plain, or with butter and/or jam. I love this stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment