"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Garlic Cheddar Beer Bread

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. white flour
1 1/2 c. wheat flour
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
4 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
12 oz. bottle of beer
1 tbsp. butter, melted


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a large loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl combine the flours, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and garlic powder. Add cheese and toss to combine. Slowly add beer and stir lightly just until combined. Knead the dough by hand until it all comes together.
Place in the prepared loaf pan and pour melted butter over the top. Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

 

Notes:
Man, this stuff is good! I made it for St. Patricks Day dinner with Randy's family. Randy can't get enough of this stuff. I'll definitely be making it again.

Recipe adapted from here

1 comment:

  1. As a patron of said dinner, I can vouch that yes, it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete