"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Kitchen

I have a love/hate relationship with my kitchen. It's the room I'm in the most during the day and I love being in there and creating things. The part I hate? The way it looks and feels!

I don't like anything about it besides the wood floors, glass pendant lighting and new fridge...all 3 put there by us. Everything else is beige, ugly and dated. I haven't liked this room since we moved in over 2 years ago. I've redone all the rooms in the house besides this one for two reasons. #1, the money. Kitchens are NOT cheap! And #2, I couldn't make up my mind about what I wanted to do with it.

Well I've been spending this last week doing MUCH research on how to spruce it up without breaking the bank. I've also finally got a vision for how I want it to look. here are some pictures of how it looks now:




Everything is black/white/red because that's what we had in our apartment when we first got married. I want to keep that...but add something more! I'm going for a cozy coffee house feel. So here's the plan:

-Buy new cabinet door and drawer fronts 
-Paint door and drawer fronts white
-Sand and paint cabinet bases white
-Install black handles on doors and drawers
-Paint counter tops black
-Paint walls a nice ochre color
-Do tile a back splash

-Spray paint hood over the stove
-Get some sort of window treatment (not sure on this yet)
-Organize all the junk on top of the cabinets
-Get white stove and dishwasher...I'll keep my eyes peeled at yard sales and craigslist
-Possibly get a new sink and faucet??


So that's the plan! I'm really excited to get the ball rolling on this project, hopefully within the next week or two. I'll keep you updated :)


-Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment