"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Friday, March 12, 2010

Tangy Pork Loin Roast

Ingredients:
2 1/2 lb boneless pork loin roast
1 c hot water
1/4 c white or brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp minced onion
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp hot sauce (optional)

Directions:
Place pork loin in crock pot. Mix all the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat. Cover and cook in low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Shred or slice and serve hot.



Notes: This is not your traditional roast but I was really happy with it! It was super flavorful and moist. I couldn't slice it due to it being so moist so I just shredded it (leaving the "shreds" fairly large) and served it with roasted asparagus...yum! Randy and I both loved this and couldn't get enough! The next day I served it in whole wheat wraps with sour cream and and cheddar.

Recipe found and adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment