"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spiced Honey Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes


I recently discovered how much I really like chipotle peppers! And I absolutely love sweet potatoes so when I saw this recipe in another food blog and knew I wanted to try it.  It.was.delicious. The spice of the chilies with the nutty sweetness of the sweet potatoes was an awesome combo. It was pretty stinkin' spicy so of course, Randy loved it. And even though I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy food, I loved this dish as well. The only thing I changed in this recipe was cutting the amount of cumin in half (glad I did! It was a bit over powering) and left out the cilantro.


Ingredients:
4 small or 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, mined
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the diced sweet potatoes in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, chipotle peppers, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon.  Place 2 teaspoons of this mixture in a separate bowl and mix with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss with the sweet potatoes. Spread the coated potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, marinate the chicken breasts with the remaining chili mixture. Stir the potatoes then place the chicken on top of the sweet potatoes, and continue to cook until the chicken is just cooked through, about 15-20 minutes longer. Divide the potatoes and chicken evenly among serving plates and serve. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment