"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Turkey and Veggie Meatballs




I found this recipe in one of the many food blogs I subscribe to but the link isn't there anymore. Not sure what happened to it. Anyways, these were delicious! Randy loves meatballs and I've never been a big fan but I loved these! They weren't greasy at all and the flavors were awesome! I highly reccomend this recipe.



Turkey and Veggie Meatballs

Ingredients:1 tsp. olive oil
1/4 c. diced onion
1/4 c. shredded carrot
1/4 c. shredded zucchini
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 lbs ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 c, shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 whole wheat italian bread crumbs
1 tbsp. dried parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and add onion, carrot, zucchini and garlic. Saute, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 6-8 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together the remaining ingredients (using your hands works best) and add the sauteed vegetables to the mix. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls (I used my medium cookie scoop from Pampered Chef) and place on a cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until fully cooked. Makes 25 meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment