"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese



Wow this dish was delicious! And really fun to make. The recipe called for 8 chicken cutlets but I just used 4 regular chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally and it worked great.




Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese

Ingredients:
8 chicken cutlets
4 slices of prosciutto, cut in half
4 slices of provolone cheese, cut in half
1/2 c. whole wheat italian bread crumbs
1/4 c. grated romano or parmesan cheese
juice of 1 large lemon
2 tbsp. olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450. In a shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs and romano (or parmesan) cheese. In a separate dish, mix together the lemon juice and olive oil. Dip each chicken cutlet, one at a time into the olive oil mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture. Lay flat on a work surface and place a piece of prosciutto and then a slice of provalone at the end and slowly roll it up. Place each roll, seam side down (no need for toothpicks) in a baking dish. Once you've rolled all eight pieces of chicken, bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Serves 4.


Recipe adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment