"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Garlic Lemon Chicken for Two

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. butter or olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/3 c. breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
1 tsp. dried parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1 egg


Directions:
In a shallow dish, combine lemon zest, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. In another dish, whisk together the lemon juice and egg.  Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add garlic and saute for a minute or two. Dip the chicken breasts, one at a time in the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture and coat well. Place in the hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until the chicken is fully cooked. Serves 2.



Notes: I made this for Randy and I for Valentines Day and served it with couscous and sweet corn. We both loved it! I will definitely be making this again. Randy said it gets 5 stars :)


One Year Ago: Reeses Fudge Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment