"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Friday, February 25, 2011

Garlic Cheddar Chicken

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
1/3 c. Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. butter
3 cloves garlic, minced


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow bowl, toss together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, cheddar, salt and pepper and set aside. Heat the butter and garlic in a skillet over medium and saute for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally then remove from the heat. Dip each chicken breast, one at a time into the melted butter and then press into the breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides well. Arrange chicken breasts in a 13x9 baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Serves 4.





Notes: This recipe is SO delicious! It was a huge hit among food bloggers several years ago and I used to make it then. I came across it again recently and since I'm eating meat for the time being I had to make it. It never disappoints! Probably all that butter... :)


One Year Ago: Button Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment