"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sour Cream Noodle Bake

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
15 oz. can tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. large egg noodles
1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/4 c. small curd cottage cheese
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. In a large skillet, brown the meat. Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Stir well and allow to simmer while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook noodles until al dente. Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Once noodles are cooked, drain and stir into the sour cream mixture.
To assemble, place half the noodles in a greased 13x9 baking dish, top with half the meat mixture followed by half the cheddar cheese. Repeat this layering process, ending with the last of the cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.



Notes: This is a fairly simple recipe so I honestly wasn't expecting too much out of it but I was pleasantly surprised but all the flavor it had and I couldn't get enough! I will definitely make this again. It was simple and delicious!

Recipe adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment