"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Monday, December 27, 2010

Sugared Pecans

Ingredients:
2 egg whites
1/2 tbsp. water
1/2 tbsp. vanilla
1 lb. pecan halves
1 c. white sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 250 degrees, grease a cookie sheet and set aside. Place egg whites, water and vanilla in a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously for 60 seconds, until foamy. Add the pecans and stir well to coat. In a small bowl, toss together the sugar, salt and cinnamon. Sprinkle the sugar mixture into the pecan mixture and stir well to combine. Spread pecans evenly on the prepared cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.



Notes: Every holiday season I've wanted to make these but I've never gotten around to it. This year pecans were on sale so I went for it! They were super easy to make and they turned out great! I put them in cello bags and gave them out as little Christmas gifts to friends and family.

PS: This is not my photo! I gave all my pecans away before I could take one...

No comments:

Post a Comment