"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Friday, December 10, 2010

Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/4 c. flour
2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. milk
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tbsp. oil or melted butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 oz. chopped pecans
Cooking spray



Directions:
In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin puree, egg, oil or butter and vanilla. Preheat a large skillet over medium/high heat and coat with cooking spray.
Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moist...don't over mix! Ladle the batter in about 1/3 cup measurements onto the hot skillet. Once bubbles form and begin to pop, flip over and cook an additional minute or so, until golden brown. Spray pan again for each batch. Makes about 10 medium pancakes.




Notes: I know pumpkin season is technically over but I had to squeeze in one more recipe! And I'm so glad I did...these were delicious and super flavorful! We ate them for dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment