"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 chicken breasts, pounded 1/2 inch thick
1 egg, beaten
3/4 c. italian bread crumbs
1/2 c. parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 pound spaghetti, cooked
1/2 26 oz. jar pasta sauce, heated


Directions:
In a large skillet heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Place the egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Dip the chicken breasts, one at a time in the egg and then in the bread crumb mixture. You can do it twice if you have leftover egg and crumbs. Once the butter and oil are melted and hot place the coated chicken in the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and let it melt. Place the chicken on a bed of hot spaghetti and pour sauce over the chicken and pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment