"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Biscuits and Gravy

Ingredients:
8-10 biscuits (I use Bisquick mix)
1/2 lb. ground sausage
1/2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. flour
2 1/4 c. milk
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Prepare biscuits according to the package directions. Set aside to cool. In a large frying pan, brown the sausage, breaking it up into small pieces. Add butter and let it melt completely. Stir in the flour and coat the sausage, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the milk, stirring to make sure the flour gets dissolved. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer until gravy begins to thicken. Turn it to low and and mix in the eggs, cheddar, salt and pepper. Continue to cook on low until gravy becomes thick. If it gets too thick, simply add more milk. Serve on split biscuits.



Notes: This meal works great for breakfast and dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment