"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Four Cheese and Spinach Lasagna

Everyone loves a good lasagna! It's such a comforting food. I've made many a lasagna in my day but have never followed a recipe and it never quite turns out the same. This time, the vote from he hubby was that this is the best I've made. Plus it was super quick and easy. So I thought I'd better write it down for future reference :) I hope you'll give it a try too! 





Four Cheese and Spinach Lasagna


Ingredients: 
16 oz. lowfat cottage cheese 
1 small container skim ricotta cheese 
1 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese 
4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 eggs, lightly beaten 
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained 
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
Sprinkle of salt and pepper to your liking 
1 package no boil lasagna noodles  
26 oz. marinara sauce (our favorite comes in a can from Trader Joes!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the four cheeses (reserving 2 cups of mozzarella for topping), eggs, spinach and all seasonings until well combined. 
Coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of marinara, add a layer of lasagna noodles and then top with 1/4 of the cheese mixture, spread evenly over the noodles. Next, add another thin layer of sauce, followed by more noodles. Repeat 4 times until all the cheese mixture is gone, ending with a layer of sauce on top. 
Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella evenly over the top and bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer. Let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Serves 8-10.



No comments:

Post a Comment