"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pork and Pineapple Kabobs over Wild Rice

This has got to be one of my very favorite dishes I've made in a while! This will be a go to meal many times this summer, for sure. The flavors were awesome! The pork was juicy and tender, mixed with the tanginess of the bbq sauce with the sweetness of the pineapple...mmm mmm! So good! Can't wait to make these again.


Pork and Pineapple Kabobs over Wild Rice

Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 c. barbeque sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 c. pineapple chunks
1 c. green bell pepper chunks
1 6 oz. box wild rice mix, prepared according to package directions

Directions:
Whisk together the barbeque sauce, dijon mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and pepper. Add the pork pieces and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate and allow to marinate for 2-12 hours. When ready to prepare, heat your grill to medium/high heat. Remove meat from marinade and discard any that's remaining. Thread pork cubes onto skewers alternately with pineapple and peppers. Grill 10-12 minutes, rotating occasionally until meat is fully cooked. Serve over prepared rice. Makes 2-4 servings (depending on how hungry you are! Randy and I ate it all by ourselves)

No comments:

Post a Comment