"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?" - Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Skillet Dijon Garlic Chicken



I posted this recipe a while back as one that you bake in the oven. The other day my house was feeling particularly warm so I didn't feel like heating it up even more by turning on the oven. So I decided to throw the chicken along with all the marinade in a skillet and I'm glad I did! This was WAY better than the oven baked version. Plus, as the marinade reduced it made an awesome sauce to serve over the top. I will make it this way from now on!



Skillet Dijon Garlic Chicken

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, pounded thin (I cut mine in half horizontally and had 8 pieces)
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 c. dijon mustard
1/4 c. dry white cooking wine
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. Sriracha (optional, if you like it a little hot!)
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

Directions:
Place the chicken in a container with a lid or a gallon size Ziploc bag. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over the chicken, seal it up and shake around to coat evenly. Place in the fridge to marinade at least 1 hour, or overnight.
After marinading, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the chicken along with all the marinade. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side, until fully cooked. Served with the marinade spooned over the top chicken breasts. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment